Dell Technologies Virtual Events Platform
For every physical event, Dell provides a digital counterpart so that people across the globe can participate. I lead the design team behind that effort.
The DVE platform started as an initiative to extend primary online viewership of Dell Technologies events beyond the keynote, since we would see up to 95% attrition after that point while events could last anywhere from 2 hours to 3 days. Early efforts reduced attrition to 50% per hour, whereas more recent iterations have seen over 80% of our traffic occur post-live with up to 96% retention across an entire event under best-case scenarios.
- Live Link to Web App (event retrospective)
- Built using Vue JS and Mongo DB
- Native mobile + web app back end
I lead the design team responsible for researching, iterating, and launching features as part of a continuous integration process. Ideation is done through an ongoing series of design sprints that align stakeholders, users, and designers in a ruthless pursuit of value. Iterative design work is done through professional interaction designers using a mix of Adobe XD, Axure, and ProtoPie. Visual design follows successful usability testing with assets integrated into the existing prototype framework and development is done through Keystone JS and Vue. The design team consists of 3-7 people depending on the time of year and pace of work. Our product has achieved 100% YoY growth for three consecutive cycles, using Dell Technologies World as our benchmark, although we are increasingly focused on behavioral analytics and cross-ecosystem retention instead of individual event performance.
Major Events Covered
- Day One | Dell EMC Merger (2016)
- Dell EMC World 2017
- Dell Technologies IoT Summit (2017)
- Dell Technologies World (2018) | Archive
- Dell Technologies AI Summit (2018) | Archive
- Dell Technologies World (2019) | Archive
- Dell Technologies Quarterly Events (ongoing)
- Dell Technologies Forums (ongoing)
- Dell Technologies Thought Leadership Collective (planned)
What you see pictured below represents a collection of wireframes and prototypes from throughout the iterative process. Relevant live event archive links are posted above, when available.